I’ve always loved autumn, but it seems that in recent years my love affair with the season has intensified.
Don’t get me wrong … I love the summer and our fun at the beach, bay and travels.
What is it about Autumn? There’s so much to love! So many things that we love have become traditions. Our autumn ‘bucket list’ has some long-standing favorites!
- The fresh, crisp air
- Back to school – new teachers, friends (and freshly sharpened pencils – the best!)
- Mums and other fall flowers!
- The gorgeous colors of fall foliage
rise of Justin, the leaf monster!
- Baking and the smell of gingerbread, ginger snaps, giant soft ginger cookies (did you pick on on our love of ginger??) and vanilla, cinnamon, pumpkin in the kitchen
- Pumpkin patches, corn mazes and hayrides
- Building scarecrows
- Apples, cider and visiting orchards in Charlottesville
- Bonfires and s’mores
- Beautiful time to be outdoors – riding bikes, exploring, hiking
- Thanksgiving! (my favorite holiday)
So what will I add to my Autumn bucket list this year? Well still thinking, but I think baking pies is making the list, and visiting New England, doing the corn maze that we missed last year at Bergey’s and maybe even actually carving our Halloween pumpkins (somehow that never works out?!)
The seasons can pass so quickly – maybe make yourself a Family Fall Bucket List and have some fall adventures.