There’s a wonderful quote from Brene Brown that goes:
As we shift from summer into fall, this seems fitting. During summer months, we tend to seek out the extraordinary – great vacations, outdoor adventures, etc. Back to school and fall bring us back into a routine and a cadence to our days and weeks. Perhaps more ‘ordinary’ moments – but full of opportunities for joy and love and gratitude.
- sharpened pencils – because, I mean really, there are few ordinary things better the night before school starts 🙂
- the gorgeous color of mums on our front porch
- baking – giant, soft ginger cookies are our back to school tradition
- pumpkin patches, bobbing for apples, corn mazes
- the comfort of our routines – bedtimes, reading time, packing lunches
- the changing color of the leaves
- the cool breeze in the air
- more family dinners around the table because our schedules are a little more normal
Each season we try to create a ‘bucket list’ – with a few of the things that we open to experience in the upcoming season. And when it comes to fall, its an oldies-but-goodies list that rarely changes.